Sunday, June 27, 2010

I don't like that song...Are those drums I hear?

I don't understand why many radio stations today are adding a techno beat to songs that just shouldn't have one...Do they think it makes the song sound better because you maybe sway along to the beat? Uh, no. Wrong. If the song was shit before, it's still shit now with synthesizers and a driving drum beat. In some cases I think the song is made worse by adding the extra fluff. My two prime examples are Need You Now by Lady Antebellum and Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble.
Ok first of all, how that god awful country song landed on the top 40 station is beyond me. I don't know if the general radio listening population also felt this way and that's why they decided to give it the techno spin, but it's still a country song on a top 40 station. Now it just sounds more ridiculous than it did before.
As far as Michael Buble's song...why was it necessary to tamper with the song in the first place? He's a crooner!! How offensive. A classic style turned into today's vapid junk? I am severely disappointed in whoever mixed that song and allows it to be played on the radio on a daily basis. Appalled.
So here is what I say to the radio stations out there who think that turning either already shitty music or music that was fine the way it was into something all techno...leave it alone. It doesn't sound better, it doesn't add more appeal, it just sounds stupid.
Sessions has spoken.

2 comments:

  1. I must say Sarah, I do thoroughly enjoy reading your postings. Especially when I've heard you bitch about this same shit to me :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I am seriously impressed. This post absolutely made my day, and im now sharing it with everyone I know!!

    ReplyDelete