Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Silly Bands...Make a silly chain, and hang yourself silly.


I am no stranger to ridiculous fads. I am pretty sure there are over 200 beanie babies in a box in my basement, I found a collection of pogs in the depths of my closet, and I still remember the different patterns for lanyard keychain making. So I ask, why do these silly bands piss me off so much? It's not that they add insult to the regular rubber band by being in the shape of animals/letters/presidents of the united states etc...or that kids tend to wear so many of them their arms soon resemble a multi-neon-colored lumpy sweater.
No I think what bothers me most is just how absurdly popular this fad has become among children and adults. Kids, fine go ahead pile those damn bands on your arm until you can't lift them anymore. If you happen to be over the age of 10, take those damn things off your wrist- you look like a moron. Do you realize you have a pink rubber zebra on your arm? Unless you plan on tying it in your hair or getting that stack of papers to finally stay put, you have no earthly use for such a thing.
Chalk it up to old age, I guess. I just find this useless fad completely embarrassing to the name of past useless fads. Pogs at least promoted gambling, silly bands promote rubber chemicals exposed to your skin, and where is the fun in that?
If you have any other fads you'd like to duscuss, leave a comment. I have recently discovered that people actually read this blog, and I would love to hear what you think. Until then. Get that orange spaceship off your wrist before I slit it with a pokemon card.

5 comments:

  1. Sarah i fucking hate these stupid ass things! kids are on the beach and STILL fucking have these things on. it's almost god damn impossible to get them of. everytime ive been to a surf shop down here, atleast 3 of the 5 people in front of me in line purchase these things. I get a little more pissed every time. its going to come down to me snapping and blowing up the factory that these fucking wastes of time are made.

    Love,
    Shayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. insulting my favorite bractlets,ruber,rubber bands and thing!how dare you?!plus...you better not blow up that factory,shayne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, im officially hooked. these damn silly bands are out of control!! there are ADULTS in there 20s who wear these, even at work!!! its WAYY out of control, i would take my pogs and beanie babies any day over this crap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post! Nice to see you embellishing the fad with your kids. We did so we well. We even got so into, I decided to create a website for the kids to keep up with their band collections and make it fun! Feel free to check it out and let your kids choose the bandz they have! It’s totally secure!

    http://www.bandzbook.com

    We will also building fun interactive games including BandzBingo and BandzMemory.. coming soon!

    Thanks,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete