Thursday, January 29, 2009

And So.... It Begins.


So my last semseter (hopefully) of college has started. Crap. I am faced with the every lingering, never answered question of what am I going to do with my life. I have no FREAKING clue. I really would like to do as little as possible for the most amount of money and or become a super hero and save the world. I guess, I could be come a domesticated, non flying, kind of super hero and join like the peace corps or something, but I'm also kind of lazy. So de-worming kids in Sumalia (movie reference anyone? anyone?) is not exactly at the top of my list of must do before I die. I would love to do some eco friendly stuff.... or maybe something artistic like interior design or become a buyer for a major department store or a famous person (preferably a famous person). At the same time I don't really have the background to become a buyer or an interior designer I have a fine arts minor... thats about it and I just spent 160k on my education to learn how to market things... MARKET THIS. I hate my major since hofstra does not offer advertising as a major this was the best alternative or so I thought. I should have been a PR major but I just thought it was too fluffy although my gpa would be much higher and I would not have had to take so many freaking statistics classes. To make everything worse the economy is in the crapper and there are no jobs, so what is a new college graduate supposed to do? I am trying to the smart thing and go green, because I will love it and it is the new frontier so there may be some job security in a green job, but what kind of green job do I want? Thats the biggest problem. Everyone keeps telling me just to apply to as many jobs as I can and then decided later. I just dont' want to wake up at 27 and hate my life. I always thought I had a plan for my life and then one afternoon I was partaking in some herbal refreshment and watching office space and I had a life altering moment. I didn't want to be that guy. I don't want a cubicle, or an entry level sales job of anysort unless its like fundraising or something worth while like that. If I have to do some mind numbing job I want it to be worth something. Here is my other stipulation... I can sell anything. I can talk anyone into anythiny. I'm like that kid they warned you about in middle school health class that will pressure you into do things... except I'm a grown up and I don't have to pressure anyone I just convince them otherwise. So, I know no matter what I do I am going to be successful but I would just rather use my powers for good instead of evil. OR I would love to be a commentator on those best week ever shows or do chelsea handlers round table or just be witty and funny and be myself in front of a camera getting paid lots of money.... soooo industry peeps if you stumble upon this hire us pleasee we're hilarious.


peace.love.youtube


No comments:

Post a Comment