Friday, July 23, 2010

HANSON IS AWESOME.


I am returning after a long hiatus from the blog-o-sphere to express my utter heartbreak over not getting to meet Hanson yesterday. I may have mentioned the my college tuition is provided by many years of scooping ice cream at my family's summer ice cream business- which happens to be a Ben and Jerry's. It just happens to be the Ben and Jerry's on Main St in Hyannis which is where HANSON WAS YESTERDAY. Where was I? Oh ya at my grown up job in Boston. EPIC FAIL. How could this happen to me. The moment I have been waiting for my whole life passes me by due to the conventional restraints of society that scooping ice cream at 22 is not considered a "real job". While everyone else was swooning over N*SYNC AND BSB I was drooling over the original Boy Band. Look at the Jonas Bros they are such sell outs however it is the same formula that Hanson used and the Jonas' sound like chicks. If Disney had gotten their hands on Hanson it would have been a whole other story. But instead Hanson stayed true to themselves and their music.

I had to go buy another Middle of Nowhere CD back in the day because my original was listened to so much it started to skip. And yes I also had the Tulsa, Tokyo, and the Middle of Nowhere home video on VHS- and yes I still have it. They still are in main rotation on my ipod with their newer albums and those newer songs never disappoint. I actually remember being in Ben and Jerry's playing their albums and when people would ask this is good who is this- I could proudly reply Hanson- to their utter astonishment.

I also blame HANSON for my obsession with boys with long hair to this day. It is their fault however I'm not upset about it. Now they are all married with kids killing all my chances of becoming a MRS. HANSON one day.


I will be heading to the Cape tonight where Hanson will be playing at the Melody Tent, sadly I don't have tickets- I don't even know if there are tickets left, even sadder who the hell would go with me- you know actually if I found tickets I would find a wing man. I went last time they were in Hyannis at the Melody Tent and Frankie Muniz was there for some strange reason he came up to my elbow.

UGH... HANSON I love ya, hope you enjoyed your ice cream.
(stole the pic from their twitter)

2 comments:

  1. you blogged!!! Yaaay! Even though I do not enjoy Hanson with the same fervor that you do, I can imagine how upset you were. You have to take that sign home with you now because their faces touched it. I would go with you dude, Wingmen for life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is a bummer that you missed them!! there is always a chance to be a mrs hansen, just gotta make one of their wives dissappear :-P

    ReplyDelete