Friday, July 9, 2010

Top 5 Best Songs According to Me

A lazy Friday afternoon redownloading all of my music, on limewire...which aided in my computer's destruction the first time. Oh well. I'll take the risk for free music. Anyway, today's topic may be discussed, argued for or against, or (if you have good taste) agreed upon. A list of my top 5 favorite songs.

5. Weezer- The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (Variations on a Shaker Hymn)



The first time I ever heard this song I literally freaked out due to sheer awesomeness, and again at their concert. Just try to listen to this song and not get pumped up. I suggest loud volume and a sing along to bring out its real potential.

4. Muse- Map of the Problematique


Another song that just gets you really pumped up. I always feel like I am on some sort of epic journey when this song plays, even if I'm just on my way to the store. Plus what Muse does with their guitars and drums makes me melt. It's an awesome combination of beautiful lyrics and a hard driving rock beat. Perfection.

3. Dave Matthews Band- Two Step


Among many other great DMB songs, this one just sticks with me. The lyrics are beautiful and since Dave Matthews is a creative genius, the different versions of this song being played live are always more exciting than the last. Let's not forget about the message. Life is short. Let's make it a celebration, and dance.

2. Lady Gaga- Just Dance


This song is it for me. Sung by my favorite pop artist since NSYNC, collaborating pop and dance music with fun and catchy lyrics. And it's about being drunk! This song is going to be played at my wedding, birth of my children, and funeral. Yes, Lady Gaga. You have it right. Just dance. Gonna be ok. Da da do do just dance!

1. Journey- Don't Stop Believin'


If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times. This is the best song ever made. Period. A rock anthem that will live way beyond its years, Don't Stop Believin' is perfection in every way. Besides the obvious catchiness and lyrics that you can't help but to sing along to, this song will be popular because it is accessible in so many ways. Whether you listen to it at work, or while you're out, listen to it to cheer yourself up, or listen to it when you're already feeling good. This song will always just get you going. Journey, you win with this song. The end.

And there you have it. If you have any songs that you think are amazing beyond all reason, please leave a comment. However, challenge me on my number one pick and you will be wrong. Don't Stop Believin' shouldn't just be my choice for the #1 spot, it should be for America, and quite possibly the world. Just sayin'.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to put a challenge to your number 1 song. Its a little rock ballad titled Bohemian rhapsody. Why its more awesome than don't stop believing. 1) Queen is the greatest band of all time 2) Its sung by a gay man and we all know how you love you some gays 3) it has everything your top 5 songs have in 1 song. I think I've made my point

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i love this post!! i think it would be hard to disagree with your top 5 since they are so thoughtfully validated as to why each song is in this list!!

    ReplyDelete