Thursday, February 12, 2009

Update: Ridiculous

Stop fucking with my head Joaquin!! I can't take it!!! I just watched the Joaquin Phoenix interview with David Letterman after numerous people told me I needed to make an update about the whole situation he has going on. It was by far the most uncomfortably funny interview I have ever seen, surpassing even Tom Cruise's hyperactive romp on Oprah. In case you have not seen it, take a look. I'll wait...


It's gotta be a joke, right? I know people want an update about what I can make of this, but I can't make anything of it! If Joaquin Phoenix is making a movie out of this whole charade, then he should win Best Actor of All Time for this performance...no contest. I just can't really believe that Joaquin Phoenix can go from this

to what I just watched. That video took place in 2006...How can he go from funny and charming to some mute lunatic who feels like he's being judged for having a beard?
It has to be a joke, I say this for a number of reasons, 1. If Joaquin was actually as fucked up as he was acting, they would have never let him on stage. 2. You can kind of see at points where Letterman is poking fun at him that Joaquin has to try his hardest not to break character and laugh...he almost does a few times, and then he gets really jittery like he's trying to shake it off. 3. At the end of the interview Joaquin gets up and acts like he's going to leave, but then he turns around to Letterman and takes off his glasses, and smiles. Probably telling Letterman "Hey, man thanks for playing along."4. Joaquin has done this kind of stuff before. He's a crafty fucker that one, at the People's Choice Awards he pulled this little stunt:

This was just last year. It's bullshit, it has to be. Based on his family's history with drugs and alcohol there is no way that he could be doing what he's doing and not have a million and one people begging him to go to rehab. Casey Affleck and Joaquin Phoenix are pulling the biggest punk known to man.
I seriously hope that's case. This weird and moody Joaquin who wants to be rapper is just freaking me out. I dunno, maybe something really is wrong with him...or he's just the best fucking actor in the world. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment